54 Inch In-Ground
Make your driveway the neighbourhood court with the 54" In Ground Basketball System. Featuring a 54" Acrylic backboard for better rebound performance and heavy-duty steel rim for those dunk contests and driveway battles. The fully adjustable U-Turn lift system gives players of all ages plenty of room to play under the basket, while providing a quick height adjustment with just the turn of a handle.
- Acrylic Backboard for superior rebounds
- Adjustable system height (U-Turn Lift System)
- Heavy Duty steel frame (for maximum stability)
- Pro Image™ Rim
- Includes FREE Basketball
54” Acrylic Backboard
The 54” acrylic backboard provides better overall rebound performance and can withstand competitive play game after game.
Heavy duty steel frame
Designed for maximum stability the heavy-duty one-piece 4” square steel pole set keeps your pole in place during vigorous play.
Easy height adjustment
The easy to use and ergonomically designed U-Turn Pro lift system gives players of all ages a chance to play with the integrated safety stop preventing that basket from being lowered below 6'6" and the 2ft board offset provides more room for under the basket action.
Spring loaded for breakaway action the Pro-image rim style supports serious dunks. Designed for a smooth breakaway this rim has a powder-coated finish and enclosed springs for extra defence against the elements.
Non-corrosive ground sleeve included for easy installation and removal
|System Type||In Ground|
|Backboard Size||54" (137x81cm)|
|Height Adjustable||7.5ft - 10ft | 2.3m – 3.05m|
|Pole||3pc, 4" Square|
|System Overhangemail@example.com - 0.68m | @10ft - 0.55m|
|Carton Size (kg|cm)||66 | L:142 W:88 H:18|
|Assembly time||Approx. 2-3 Hours (Excludes Concreting)|
Failure to follow these safety instructions may result in serious injury or property damage and will void the warranty.
The owner must ensure that all players know and follow these rules for the safe operation of the system. To ensure safety, do not attempt to assemble this system without following the instructions carefully. Check entire box and inside all packing material for parts and/or additional instruction material. Before beginning assembly, read the instructions and identify parts using the hardware identifier and parts list in this document. proper and complete assembly, use, and supervision are essential for proper operation and to reduce the risk of accident or injury. A high probability of serious injury exists if this system is not installed, maintained, and operated properly.
Product Usage Guidelines
This equipment is intended for home recreational use only and NOT excessive competitive play. This product is not intended for institutional or commercial use; Spalding does not assume any liability for such use. Institutional or commercial use will void the warranty.
- What do I fill the base with?
- We recommend filling the base with either sand or water and please refer to your owner’s manual for the proper amount to be used with your system.
- How do I find the model number of my Spalding Basketball System?
- In-ground – There is a three digit number on the front of the backboard, near the lower right section of the shooting square. This set of numbers will help identify your system. Portable – The model number will consist of two sets of numbers. The first set of numbers will be a two-digit number located on the base. This two-digit number will be located near the fill hole where you put the water or sand. The second set of numbers will be a three-digit number located on the front of the backboard, to the right of the rim. The base number coupled with the backboard number will be your model number. “Example 72_351 – 72351”
- Why doesn’t my rim sit flush with my glass backboard?
- Our tempered glass backboards come with steel spacers and a foam pad and these are used to separate the rim from the glass backboard and prevent the backboard from shattering. You should have 1/8 to ¼ inch gap between the backboard and rim when properly installed. These components must be in position BEFORE attaching the yokes and assembling the rim. If the spacers are not in place, the board can be prone to shattering given it is a glass backboard. Please do not overtighten the bolts, as this can also lead to the board shattering upon installation.
- Can I convert my portable system to In-Ground?
- Some portables can be converted to an in-ground system depending on the mounting of the backboard. This would require purchasing an in-ground pole system. This is because in-ground systems and portable systems use different pole kits. The only parts you would use from the portable system would be the rim and backboard. To find out if your system can be converted, please call 1800 632 792 (Mon - Fri 8 am - 4 pm AEST) with your model number and a representative will assist you.
- Can I convert my In-Ground system into a Portable?
- No. Unfortunately, it is not possible to convert an in-ground system into a portable.
- How do I take the pole apart?
- Our poles are designed to stay together permanently once assembled.
- If my system develops rust, what should I do?
- Check your pole system regularly for signs of corrosion (rust, pitting, chipping) and repaint with exterior enamel paint. If rust has penetrated through the steel anywhere, or if you have any questions about whether that has happened, do not use the system anymore. Contact us immediately for instructions.
- Does the sand have to go inside the base, or can I just put weight on top of the base?
- The sand will have to go inside your base. Adding weight to the top can crush or crack the base causing the system to become unstable.
- Can Spalding organise installation?
- Spalding does not provide installation, we do offer this service via our partner Hunter Leisure for Portable System assembly only (excludes In-Ground Systems & Backboard Rim Combo installations) contact Ph: 1800 632 792 (Mon - Fri 8 am - 4 pm AEST) to make your installation booking. Please note that labour charges, call-out fee & related expenses for the removal, installation or replacement of the basketball system or its components are not covered by the Spalding Warranty.
- Is it ok to fabricate anything on or to my system?
- Any fabrication or modification to your system will void your limited warranty.
- Do I have to use the ground sleeve for my In-Ground system?
- In order to install your system properly, you will need to utilise all of the parts provided and follow all the steps in your owner’s manual.
- Can I get express shipping on a Basketball System?
- Due to the size of the item and the freight service required to deliver it, we cannot express ship basketball system orders.
- How can I prevent my portable basketball system from being blown over?
- Check system before each use for instability.
- Ensure your unit is kept on a flat hard surface and after assembly is completely fill the base with the required amount of material stipulated in your user manual.
- Frequently check to ensure the base is full of water or sand. As water evaporates therefore particularly in warmer climates and/or Summer months your base will require monitoring more often than other periods of the year to ensure it is full to maintain the best stability of your unit.
- Do not use your system during windy and/or severe weather conditions; as the system may tip over. If you are expecting inclement weather, safely place your system in the storage position, which should be carried out by two capable adults and/or placed in an area protected from the wind and free from personal property and/or overhead wires.
- Never leave your system in an upright position without filling the base with the required amount of sand or water, as the system may tip over causing damages to parts and/or injuries.
- Additionally, where possible avoid it being on grass, as it is not as stable and can be prone to bringing on rust/corrosion in time due to the dampness of that material.
- The surface beneath the base of your system must be smooth and free of gravel or other sharp objects. Punctures may cause leakage and could cause your system to tip over.
- Use caution when moving system across uneven or sloped surfaces; as the system may tip over more easily.