Spalding Warranty Information
Thank you for visiting Spalding. Due to unprecedented demand we are currently experiencing a significant delay of 3 – 4 months across some spare parts and warranty requests.
Our team are still here, ready to process your request and will do so where possible. However, please be aware for some dispatch requirements it may take an extended period of time to get them to you.
Your request is important to us and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Stay Safe. Team Spalding
Spalding Basketball Systems & Accessories/Components
Spalding basketballs system components and select accessories carry the following warranties:
|1. Steel Framed Acrylic Backboards||5 Years|
|2. Steel Framed Polycarbonate Backboards||5 Years|
|3. Aluminum Framed Acrylic Backboards||8 Years|
|4. Eco-Composite Backboards||5 Years|
|5. Glass Backboards (Portable)||5 Years|
|6. Glass Backboard (In-ground)||Limited Lifetime|
|7. Poles, Bases, Rims, (and accompanying hardware||1 Year|
|8. Electronic & Electronic components||90 Days|
These warranties cover personal, but not commercial, use of the product. Basketball systems will not be covered by warranty if damaged by acts of nature, by abuse or by lack of proper care.
THE MANUFACTURER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE SUBSTITUTIONS TO WARRANTY CLAIMS IF PARTS ARE UNAVAILABLE OR OBSOLETE.
- Spalding Basketball systems are warranted to the original purchaser to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of time defined in the above list from the date of original retail purchase. The word "defects" is defined as imperfections that impair the use of the product. Defects resulting from misuse, abuse or negligence will void this warranty. This warranty does not cover defects due to improper installation, alteration or accident. This warranty does not cover damage caused by vandalism, rusting, "acts of nature" or any other event beyond the control of the manufacturer.
- This warranty is nontransferable and is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of defective basketball equipment. If the equipment is defective within the terms of this warranty, Spalding will repair or replace defective parts at no cost to the purchaser (subject to any shipping and labor charges detailed herein, which shall be the purchaser's responsibility). Any replacement product will be warranted from the original retail purchase date of the product returned, not from the replacement date. Shipping charges to and from the factory are not covered and are the responsibility of the purchaser. Labor charges and related expenses for removal, installation or replacement of the basketball system or its components are not covered under this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover scratching or scuffing of the product that may result from normal usage. In addition, defects resulting from intentional damage, negligence, unreasonable use or hanging from the net or rim will void this warranty.
- Liability for incidental or consequential damages is excluded to the extent permitted by law. While every attempt is made to embody the highest degree of safety in all equipment, freedom from injury cannot be guaranteed. The user assumes all risk of injury resulting from the use of this product. All merchandise is sold on this condition and no representative of the company may waive or change this policy.
- This product is not intended for institutional or commercial use; Spalding does not assume any liability for such use. Institutional or commercial use will void warranty.
- The benefits provided by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available under the law. This warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for use. Neither Spalding nor any representative assumes any other liability in connection with this product.
- “Limited Lifetime” means the expected reasonable lifetime of the product when used for its intended purpose and under normal usage conditions.
Limitations on Warranties:
- Warranty claims presented without the original sales receipt will be handled at Spalding’s sole discretion.
- Any replacement product will warranted from the original retail purchase date of the product returned, not from the replacement date.
- Spalding is not liable for indirect, incidental or consequential damages in connection with the use of Spalding product.
- No person, agent, distributor, dealer or company is authorised to change, modify or extend the terms of this warranty in any manner whatsoever.
All Inflated Products (excluding NEVER FLAT)
All Spalding inflated products (excluding NEVER FLAT & INFUSION product, which have separate warranties as noted below) are guaranteed for one year. Spalding warrants to the original consumer only, that the Spalding products will be free from defects in materials & workmanship during normal use from one year from the original retail purchase date, provided (1) the product has been used & cared for in accordance with instructions accompanying the product and (2) the product has not been abused, altered or misused, or otherwise damaged through the act or neglect of the consumer or any other user of the product. If a defect develops during the warranty period, Spalding will either credit or replace the defective product with the same or equivalent product upon prompt return. If Spalding no longer sells the same or equivalent product, Spalding will credit the customer an amount equal to the last purchase price.
NEVER FLAT Products
Spalding warrants to the original consumer only, that Spalding NEVERFLAT products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship during normal use for one year from the original retail purchase date, provided (1) the product has been used & cared for in accordance with instructions accompanying the product and (2) the product has not been abused, altered or misused, or otherwise damaged through the act or neglect of the consumer or any other user of the product. The warranty with respect to the inflation of the ball does not apply if the black valve cap is removed or if air is added or released using the inflation needle within one year after purchase. If a defect develops during the warranty period, Spalding will either credit or replace the defective product with the same or equivalent product upon prompt return. If Spalding no longer sells the same or equivalent product, Spalding will credit the customer an amount equal to the last purchase price.
To submit a WARRANTY CLAIM click HERE
To submit a SPARE PARTS REQUEST (Non-Warranty) click HERE