Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Take a look at our most frequently asked questions in the list below.
Alternatively, select one of the quick links to jump to the relevant question category.
How can I track the status of my order?
Australian shipped orders are sent using Australia Post and a tracking number will be provided to you via email. This can then be tracked with directly with Australia Post at auspost.com.au/track/.
How do I use a promotional code?
You must enter the promotional code in the 'promotion code' box at the shopping cart stage of your checkout and click 'apply'. The application of the promotion will then be visible in your cart.
Can I make a change to an existing order?
No, once your order has been placed and you have received your order confirmation you cannot cancel or amend your order. If you wish to exchange or return your order please refer to the Returns and Exchange policy.
How do I cancel my order?
Once you have placed your order and received your order confirmation, your order cannot be canceled or amended. If you wish to exchange or return an order please refer to the Returns and Exchange Policy.
I have seen the same product on another site. Do you price match?
Whilst we do keep an eye across the market and on our competitors’ prices, we are unable to price match for product purchases via our online store. We do however offer monthly promotions and regular sales that may be of interest. If you're after a bargain, we welcome you to sign up to receive our offers, promotions and news via e-newsletter from us.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Spalding is proud to accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and PayPal. Unfortunately, we cannot offer Direct Deposit, Cheques, Diners or cash on delivery as payment methods.
Returns and Exchanges
Can I return an item?
We take great pride in our reputation for quality, and if for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, we will assist you with an exchange or refund. Items returned for exchange must be done so within 14 days from the original delivery date in a resalable condition (unused, undamaged, and un-soiled products still in original condition).
The Spalding return form must be included with the item when returned. Please allow 10 days from the day you return your product for your account to be credited or online credit to be issued.
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns that were not purchased online at spalding.com.au
- There are no change of mind or returns on any personalised product unless there is a fault with the product.
- For further detail please see our Orders and Returns page.
- If you purchased an item from one of our retailers and wish to return it, please return to your place of purchase with your proof of purchase.
Do you pay for my return shipping?
Please be advised that exchange postage and handling costs will be incurred by you, the purchaser. If an item is faulty you will be provided with a reply paid number and address to ship the product back to us. Spalding does not take any responsibility for returns lost in transit.
If I purchase online can I exchange in-store?
No, unfortunately, exchanges can only be made through our online department.
How much does shipping cost?
Orders to Australian Addresses:
- Standard Service - $9.95* Flat rate
- Priority Service - $16.95* Flat rate
*Bulk orders may incur higher charges.
Backboards and Systems:
- Calculated based on destination and weight
How will my order be shipped?
- Basketballs & Basketball accessories - Australia Post.
- Backboards & Basketball Systems - Courier.
Please note: If your order includes a personalised football or a pre-order product as well as other items, your order may be delayed and shipped once all items are available to dispense and not sent in split shipments.
When will my order be sent out?
We aim to have your delivery to you as soon as possible. If you have purchased Priority Shipping and placed your order before 11 am AEST your item/s will be dispatched that day. For standard delivery and International orders, your item/s will be dispatched within 2 days of placing your order. During public holidays and peak periods shipping times may be delayed.
Please note:If your order includes a personalised basketballor a pre-order product as well as other items, your order may be delayed and shipped once all items are available to dispense and not sent in split shipments.
Can I get express shipping on a Basketball System?
Due to the size of the item and the freight service required to deliver it, we cannot express ship basketball system orders.
Do you ship internationally?
Spalding Australia does not offer international shipping.
What happens if my order does not arrive?
Please contact us on 1300 654 766
CLICK & COLLECT
If you wish to avoid shipping and delays we also offer a click and collect option from 28 Hudson Court, Keysborough, VIC, 3173.
Is Click & Collect available for all items?
Due to the size and weight for some items, Click & Collect is not available for selected basketball systems and spare part orders. Everything else (apart from Personalised products) can be ordered via Click & Collect
How can I place a click & collect order?
Select Click and Collect at the shipping details screen. Clicking on "collect from store" as pictured below.
When can I pick up my order?
You can pick up your click and collect order once you have been sent the 'Ready for collection' email. Please do not arrive to our location without receiving this email as your order will not be ready when you arrive.
Can I collect my order the same day?
Orders placed before 11am are generally available for same day collection between 12:30pm - 3:30pm. Orders placed after 11am are available for collection the following day after 8:30am. Again, Please do not arrive without receiving the 'Ready for collection' email.
Where can I pick up my order?
You can pick up your order from; 28 Hudson Court, Keysborough, VIC, 3173 during our trading hours: 8:00AM - 3:30PM (Mon - Fri).
Click and Collect will be unavailable during the below times for Christmas 2023
Friday 1st of December - All Day
Friday 22nd of December - After 12pm
Monday 25th of December - All Day
Tuesday 26th of December - All Day
Friday 29th of December - After 12pm
Monday 1st of January - All Day
Please note: To take delivery of your order you MUST bring with you:
- Your 'Ready for collection' email and Order Confirmation (digital or hard copy)
- A valid form of government issued Photo Identification (Drivers Licence/Passport etc)
If you have any questions, please feel free to us at: [email protected] or by phone at (03) 9765 5906.
What do I need to know about Promotions?
- Promotional Codes are valid for the specified time period only and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- One time use promotions must be used in their entirety in a single purchase.
- Promotions cannot be applied to previously placed orders or to orders that have been adjusted.
- Promotions, where you receive a reduction on the second item, will be applied at the checkout on the lower priced item.
- Spalding 10% Sign up offer does not apply during sales events such as Black Friday, Click Frenzy, Boxing day sales etc. Spare Parts orders, Fundraiser balls or any ball or range where the proceeds are donated to a specified cause and or Shipping fees.
- Free Promotional merchandise offers upon meeting minimum spend requirements are only available until stocks last. An alternative will not be provided where the stock is no longer available.
- Spalding can at its sole discretion, extend or terminate a promotion at any time.
- Express shipping option may not be available during promotion periods.
What size and material is the Official NBL game ball?
The NBL Game ball is a size 7. It is made from exclusive ZK microfibre composite material.
How can I ensure my basketball remains in good condition?
1. Ensure to not leave your basketball out in direct sunlight or rain for extended periods of time.
2. Ensure to never exceed the inflation guide situated around the inflation valve
3. Only use the ball as it was intended to be used
How much do I pump up my basketball?
Spalding balls will have an inflation guide printed around their inflation valves. They are marked in pSi (pounds/square inch) and should never be exceeded. Generally, they are 7 to 9 pSi
1 pSi = 6.9 kPa
Why shouldn’t I inflate a ball over the intended PSI?
Over-inflation may damage the integrity of the ball and it will not perform to standards. Extreme over-inflation can cause the ball to explode, which may result in severe injury.
What is a composite or composite leather cover?
A manmade material that usually takes on the look and the feel of real leather and requires little to no break-in period as real leather does.
How do I break in my leather basketball?
You break in a leather basketball by playing with it. There are no products or machinery needed. Skin, sweat, and simply playing with the basketball will break in the leather over time to the point where it is game ready.
Which ball is best for outdoor courts?
A rubber or durable composite leather cover is ideal for outdoor courts. Our outdoor and indoor/outdoor basketballs are marked as such on the ball itself.
What size is best for me?
|Males 12 and Over||7||29.5"|
|Females 9 and Over||6||28.5"|
|Males 9 to 12||6||28.5"|
|Youth 8 to 9||5||27.5"|
|Youth 7 and Under||4||25.5"|
What do I fill the base with?
We recommend filling the base with either sand or water and please refer to your owner’s manual for the proper amount to be used with your system.
How do I find the model number of my Spalding Basketball System?
- In-ground – There is a three digit number on the front of the backboard, near the lower right section of the shooting square. This set of numbers will help identify your system.
- Portable – The model number will consist of two sets of numbers. The first set of numbers will be a two digit number located on the base. This two-digit number will be located near the fill hole where you put the water or sand. The second set of numbers will be a three digit number located on the front of the backboard, to the right of the rim. The base number coupled with the backboard number will be your model number. “Example 72_351 – 72351”
Why doesn’t my rim sit flush with my glass backboard?
Our tempered glass backboards come with steel spacers and a foam pad and these are used to separate the rim from the glass backboard and prevent the backboard from shattering. You should have 1/8 to ¼ inch gap between the backboard and rim when properly installed. These components must be in position BEFORE attaching the yokes and assembling the rim. If the spacers are not in place, the board can be prone to shattering given it is a glass backboard. Please do not overtighten the bolts, as this can also lead to the board shattering upon installation.
Can I convert my portable system to In-Ground?
No. Unfortunately, it is not possible to convert a portable into an in-ground system.
Can I convert my In-Ground system into a Portable?
No. Unfortunately, it is not possible to convert an in-ground system into a portable.
Can I change the size of the backboard on my existing system?
No. Due to the pre-existing build plans, Your existing system is only designed to hold a certain size and weight. Adding more weight onto the current structure of the system will deem it not safe to use and void warranty.
How do I take the pole apart?
Our poles are designed to stay together permanently once assembled. If you need replacement poles then please click here to purchase new poles
If my system develops rust, what should I do?
Check your pole system regularly for signs of corrosion (rust, pitting, chipping) and repaint with exterior enamel paint. If rust has penetrated through the steel anywhere, or if you have any questions about whether or not that has happened, do not use the system anymore. Contact us immediately for instructions.
Does the sand have to go inside the base or can I just put weight on top of the base?
The sand will have to go inside your base. Adding weight to the top can crush or crack the base causing the system to become unstable.
Can Spalding organise installation?
Spalding offers an installation service for Systems through our Official 3rd party suppliers - Diverse Group
Please note: Labour charges, call-out fee & related expenses for the removal, installation or replacement of the basketball system or its components are not covered by the Spalding Warranty.
Is it ok to fabricate anything on or to my system?
Any fabrication or modification to your system will void your limited warranty.
Do I have to use the ground sleeve for my In-Ground system?
In order to install your system properly, you will need to utilise all of the parts provided and follow all the steps in your owner’s manual.
Can I get express shipping on a Basketball System?
Due to the size of the item and the freight service required to deliver it, we cannot express ship basketball system orders.
How can I prevent my portable basketball system from being blown over?
- Check system before each use for instability.
- Ensure your unit is kept on a flat hard surface and after assembly is completely fill the base with the required amount of material stipulated in your user manual.
- Frequently check to ensure the base is full of water or sand. As water evaporates therefore particularly in warmer climates and/or Summer months your base will require monitoring more often than other periods of the year to ensure it is full to maintain the best stability of your unit.
- Do not use your system during windy and/or severe weather conditions; as the system may tip over. If you are expecting inclement weather, safely place your system in the storage position, which should be carried out by two capable adults and/or placed in an area protected from the wind and free from personal property and/or overhead wires.
- Never leave your system in an upright position without filling the base with the required amount of sand or water, as the system may tip over causing damages to parts and/or injuries.
- Additionally, where possible avoid it being on grass, as it is not as stable and can be prone to bringing on rust/corrosion in time due to the dampness of that material.
- The surface beneath the base of your system must be smooth and free of gravel or other sharp objects. Punctures may cause leakage and could cause your system to tip over.
- Use caution when moving system across uneven or sloped surfaces; as the system may tip over more easily.
Note: The warranty for backboards, and the warranty for poles, bases, rims (and accompanying hardware) may each or both be referred to as a “Warranty,” but the duration depends on the type of product at issue.
What is the Warranty on Spalding / Huffy Sports backboards?
Spalding® / Huffy Sports® backboards are covered by a Limited Warranty for defects in materials and workmanship, the duration of which depends on the type of backboard purchased. The Warranty applies only to the original purchaser, is non-transferable and applies only to personal use (NOT institutional or competitive use). Note that the Warranty effective date is from the original retail purchase date.
What is the Warranty on Spalding / Huffy Sports poles, bases, rims (and accompanying hardware)?
Spalding / Huffy Sports poles, bases, rims (and accompanying hardware) are covered by a 1-year Limited Warranty for defects in materials and workmanship. This Warranty applies only to the original purchaser, is non-transferable, and applies only to personal use (NOT institutional or competitive use). Note that the Warranty effective date is from the original retail purchase date.
Spalding’s Warranty Information is located here.
Do I need to return my actual product as part of the Warranty claim process?
Providing photos of the damaged product is normally all that we need, which is a required field of the warranty claim form. Although we reserve the right to request the product be returned. Should we request that you send your product back to us then we will provide the necessary and related information to you.
Do I need to provide proof of purchase to make a Warranty claim?
Yes, a proof of purchase is required. Warranty claims submitted without a copy of the original sales receipt or valid proof of purchase (ie. bank statement displaying the date and transaction) will be handled at our sole discretion.
How do I submit a Warranty claim?
To submit a Warranty claim please complete our form here.
How do I order Spare Parts (Non-Warranty)?
You can view and order spare parts directly from our Spare Parts Page.
How long does it take for a Warranty claim to be processed?
Our goal is to respond to all Warranty claim submissions within 72 hours and to ship any approved Warranty claim products shortly thereafter from approval of the claim. During peak season, lodgement on a weekend, public holiday or due to other circumstances the timing may be longer.
What can I expect to happen following a Warranty claim submission?
If a claim of defective material or workmanship is submitted within the Warranty period, we will replace the product free of charge (subject to any shipping and labour charges detailed herein, which shall be the purchaser's responsibility).
What is not covered by the Warranty on Spalding / Huffy Sports backboards, poles, bases, rims (and accompanying hardware)?
We assume no responsibility nor liability, and the Warranty will be voided, for any damages or defects due to:
- Negligence, abuse, misuse, non-basketball activities, hanging, vandalism, acts of nature, improper installation, accident or failure to follow maintenance guidelines in the owner’s manual.
- Failure to follow instructions and warnings accompanying the product.
- Any modifications made to the product.
- Institutional or competitive use. (All products are intended only for home, recreational use.)
- Scratching, scuffing or fractures to any part of the unit that may have been caused by normal recreational usage.
- Rusting, intentional damage, unreasonable use, hanging from net or rim, deterioration, scratching, scuffing, fading or fractures to the unit that were caused by severe weather conditions, including, but not limited to, strong winds, flooding, hail, tornadoes and hurricanes.
- Discoloration of any part of the unit due to sunlight, exposure to chemical and/or salt spray either directly or in the atmosphere.
- Shipping charges to and from the factory, labour charges and related expenses for removal, installation or replacement of the basketball system or its components are not covered under this warranty.
For further information or to follow up a request/claim please contact our Warranty / Spare Parts Department at [email protected].