Basketball System Installation
BASKETBALL SYSTEM INSTALLATION
Needless to say backboard systems are big, bulky and often very heavy. For this reason, your safety is paramount when both assembling and using this product. Please follow the guidelines and safety instructions below and if you have any concerns, please contact our team for further assistance.
For Australian customers Spalding offers an installation service for Portable Basketball Systems through our Official 3rd party supplier - Diverse Group.
Please note: Assembly charges and a call-out fee apply.
For New Zealand customers please contact your local Rebel Sports for installation of your basketball system.
SYSTEM ASSEMBLY TIPS
Tips for assembling a basketball system
- Using proper lifting techniques when moving the unassembled box containing your basketball system. These systems can be heavy and awkward while in the box.
- Thoroughly read the instruction manual paying special attention to all warnings.
- Write your model number on the manual in space provided and retain for future reference after completing the assembly process. (Receipt should also be retained.)
- Make sure you have all the proper tools available to assembly the system.
- Make sure sand or water, for the ballast, is available before beginning the assembly process.
- Remove all parts from the box and using the parts list make sure all parts are present before beginning the assembly process. If parts are missing please contact the place of purchase to obtain a missing part.
- As stated in the manual, certain holes need to be reamed out using a bolt, clearing excess paint for a proper fit.
- Typically two capable adults are required to properly assemble a basketball system. In some cases, more people may be needed. Please refer to the safety instructions.
- In sub-freezing climates use 7.6 litres of non-toxic antifreeze. If you sand as ballast this is not needed.
- Do not allow children to adjust goal height.
- If you have a clear board option, make sure you peel the protective film from the board surface before assembling the Rim.
- Do not over adjust the height of your goal. This may cause damage to your system height adjustment lift.
- When assembling poles, make sure they are properly marked before assembly and it is very important that the poles not be over assembled or over swaged.
- Do not overtighten fasteners.
- This equipment is intended for home recreational use only and not excessive competitive play.
- This product is not intended for institutional or commercial use; Spalding does not assume any liability for such use.
- Institutional or commercial use will void warranty.
- The owner must ensure that all players know and follow these rules for safe operation of the system. To ensure safety, do not attempt to assemble this system without following the instructions carefully.
- Check entire box and inside all packing material for parts and/or additional instruction material.
- Before beginning assembly, read the instructions and identify parts using the hardware identifier and parts list in this document. proper and complete assembly, use, and supervision are essential for proper operation and to reduce the risk of accident or injury.
- A high probability of serious injury exists if this system is not installed, maintained, and operated properly.
- Failure to follow these safety instructions may result in serious injury or property damage and will void warranty.
Find and download your Spalding Basketball System user manual.